In the fourth installment of our dedicated options series featuring Blayne Macauley (Host of the Penny Lane Podcast) and Erik Smolinski (Creator of esInvests), Erik kicks things off by analyzing some trade theses before opening things up for an open Q&A from the group. Afterwards, we wrap things up by taking a trip into the cesspit that is Reddit to find some case studies. Homework for this week is to simply continue developing your primary options strategies.
Check it out on YouTube if you want to be able to see Erik’s screen!
Move Me Brightly – Blayne’s New Podcast!
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 08/24/23
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Erik is a lifelong investor and self-made millionaire looking to share how others can achieve the same. He is hoping to share his experience with active and veteran military members to expose them to opportunities.
He came from a single parent low-income household, worked odd jobs as a kid, and began investing in high school. Erik wasn’t going to attend college and planned to enlist in the Marines, but a mentor directed him to apply for a scholarship (which he earned). While he pursued his undergrad, he dug deeper into investing and trading – finding derivatives which he primarily trades. He completed over 6 years of active duty before transitioning to the reserves, earning an MBA during his last year. Erik then spread into real estate and angel investing as his means grew, to accelerate capital growth.
At the age of 23, Blayne Macauley authored the 5th ranked real estate blog in the world. She started an art business in 2016, which she built into a 6-figure company within 3 years. In 2020 she founded The Penny Lane Podcast about retail trading, which was ranked among the top investing podcasts on iTunes and was featured in the New York Times. She is a daily market commentator, author of “The Intermediate Trader Blog,” and podcast host for the Place Your Trades Network. She was featured in the documentary film The New Americans by Ondi Timoner.
Blayne has worked as the Marketing Director for a luxury real estate company, Beacham & Company, Realtors, for the past 17 years.
Pairs Trading Explained – YouTube
- Continue refining the primary strategies you plan on utilizing
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
Other Miniseries Episodes to Check Out
- The Option(al) Experience: Ep. 5, Options AnalysisThis episode is all about practical application, but before we get into the meat of the discussion, we have a quick digression about managing emotions.
- The Option(al) Experience: Ep. 4 – Open Q&A and Reddit Field TripEpisode 4 features an open Q&A for the students followed by a field trip to reddit to stress some key points!
- The Option(al) Experience: Ep. 3: Finding an Options StrategyEpisode 3 kicks off with a great discussion on finding ways to work with your available time as we build off the lessons from the previous sessions
- The Option(al) Experience: Ep. 2: Using Options to Trade & Understanding EdgeIn Episode 2 of The Option(al) Experience, Erik shifts the focus from theory to practical application as he reviews the trades made by Kyle and Blayne
- The Option(al) Experience: Ep. 1: Outlier Level SettingErik Smolinski and Blayne MaCauley join Kyle in the first episode of our options focused miniseries!
- Back to the Futures w/ Vanta Trading: Ep. 5, Baba Yaga and DeltaBaba Yaga from Vanta Trading is back this week to help with the much requested BttF episode focusing specifically on Delta!
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Ep. 7, The Trader AssessmentIn this episode of Trade Runners, several members of the 2 Bulls discord join Kyle and Rich to take the Mind Muscle’s Trader Assessment and discuss the results
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Ep. 6, Conversations with MoneyComing into the home stretch of this miniseries with Rich Friesen, we build upon last month’s topic as Rich has a conversation with Kyle’s subconscious about Money
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Ep. 5, Fear of SuccessMany traders cannot visualize success… If just visualizing success creates discomfort, imagine how your brain reacts when you approach success in the real world!
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen, Ep. 4: Nightmare Trading TrapsRich Friesen is back with an assessment for the listeners to help build awareness of their own biases and filters with the goal of overcoming Nightmare Trading Traps
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen, Ep.3: Persistent Trading MistakesEpisode 3 of Trade Runners, ft. Rich Friesen focuses on persistent trading mistakes… how to identify and ultimately change them to serve a better purpose
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Confidence in Your StrategiesRich Friesen returns for Episode 2 of Trade Runners, as we look to build confidence in ourselves and our setups. but are we looking in the right place?
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Ep. 1, Measuring What MattersRich Friesen is back in the shop for this special limited series that is focusing on the psychology of trading. This episode focuses on measuring and tracking our mental state
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 4, Building a Plan ft. LeoThis week OrderFlow Labs’ Leo is in the shop to give us some tips and insights as we take the information learned and try to put together a trading plan
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 3, Volume ProfilingThe Back to the Futures miniseries continues with Job from Orderflow labs as he gives a master class in understanding and using Volume Profile