Joining Kyle for this new miniseries focused on learning options is Blayne MaCauley (Host of the PennyLane Podcast) and Erik Smolinski (Creator of esInvests)! In this first episode, Erik pops a quiz to establish a baseline of the students’ options knowledge before diving into the importance of trading plans and logs. Erik then wraps things up with a homework assignment… Make three paper trades and be ready to discuss in the next recording. We recorded video for this episode, so check it out on YouTube if you want to be able to see Erik’s screen!
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 07/13/23
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Erik is a lifelong investor and self-made millionaire looking to share how others can achieve the same. He is hoping to share his experience with active and veteran military members to expose them to opportunities.
He came from a single parent low-income household, worked odd jobs as a kid, and began investing in high school. Erik wasn’t going to attend college and planned to enlist in the Marines, but a mentor directed him to apply for a scholarship (which he earned). While he pursued his undergrad, he dug deeper into investing and trading – finding derivatives which he primarily trades. He completed over 6 years of active duty before transitioning to the reserves, earning an MBA during his last year. Erik then spread into real estate and angel investing as his means grew, to accelerate capital growth.
At the age of 23, Blayne Macauley authored the 5th ranked real estate blog in the world. She started an art business in 2016, which she built into a 6-figure company within 3 years. In 2020 she founded The Penny Lane Podcast about retail trading, which was ranked among the top investing podcasts on iTunes and was featured in the New York Times. She is a daily market commentator, author of “The Intermediate Trader Blog,” and podcast host for the Place Your Trades Network. She was featured in the documentary film The New Americans by Ondi Timoner.
Blayne has worked as the Marketing Director for a luxury real estate company, Beacham & Company, Realtors, for the past 17 years.
YouTube Version of The Option(al) Experience
Master 0DTE Options – YouTube
Wall St. vs Retail Traders – YouTube
Options Trading and Market Risk Premium – Research Paper
Options Trading and Stock Price Informativeness – Research Paper
Complete three paper trades detailing the following:
a. Thesis for the trade
b. Trade/Risk Management Plan
c. Begin developing a Trading Plan and Trade Log
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
Other Miniseries Episodes to Check Out
- Back to the Futures w/ Vanta Trading: Ep. 5, Baba Yaga and DeltaBaba Yaga from Vanta Trading is back this week to help with the much requested BttF episode focusing specifically on Delta!
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 4, Building a Plan ft. LeoThis week OrderFlow Labs’ Leo is in the shop to give us some tips and insights as we take the information learned and try to put together a trading plan
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 3, Volume ProfilingThe Back to the Futures miniseries continues with Job from Orderflow labs as he gives a master class in understanding and using Volume Profile
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 2, Auction TheoryEpisode 2 of our Futures series with Orderflow Labs continues as Fleri discusses TPO charts and auction theory
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 1, Building the FoundationOur first of a limited series with Orderflow Labs aims to lay a solid foundation for the aspiring futures trader