Joining Kyle in the China Shop this week is the award-winning Bond portfolio manager and Senior VP of Fixed Income at ICON Advisers! Listen in as we discuss why Jerry trades bonds, some of the ways he is able to mitigate risk and how the macro environment affects the markets before wrapping up with some of the lessons learned during his 38+ year career!
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 07/06/23
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
JERRY PAUL, CFA, is Senior Vice President of Fixed Income and serves as Portfolio Manager of the ICON Bond Fund and Co-Portfolio Manager of the ICON Equity Income Fund. Mr. Paul was named Morningstar’s Fixed Income Manager of the Year for 1999 while he managed high yield bonds for INVESCO. Mr. Paul’s professional investment experience includes over thirty eight years in fixed income portfolio management and research. Prior to joining ICON, Mr. Paul’s career in investment management and research spanned several roles, including:
- INVESCO Funds Group; Senior Vice President, Director of Fixed Income and Portfolio Manager
- Stein Roe & Farnham; Senior Vice President, Director of Fixed Income Research and Portfolio Manager
- Century Life of America; Vice President, Investments
Mr. Paul also served as the Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager for fixed income, closed end funds and hedging strategies at Essential Investment Partners. Furthermore, Mr. Paul founded Quixote Capital Management LLC, a boutique firm focused on merger arbitrage.
Mr. Paul holds a BBA from the University of Iowa and an MBA from the University of Northern Iowa. In his free time, he is involved in community and charitable organizations. He serves on the board of directors and investment committee of the Community First Foundation.
If you are interested in signing up with TRADEPRO Academy, you can use our affiliate link here. We receive compensation for any purchases made when using this link, so it’s a great way to support the show and learn at the same time! **Join our Discord for a link and code to save 10%**
For anyone trading futures, check out Vantatrading.com. Founded by Mr. W Banks and Baba Yaga, they provide a ton of educational content with the focus of teaching aspiring traders how to build a repeatable, profitable process. You can find our exclusive affiliate link/discount code for Vanta in our free discord server as well!
Check out the custom studies for futures trading over at OrderFlow Labs. We do not receive any compensation for referrals, we just love their community and tools!
To contact us, you can email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you enjoyed this week’s guest, check out our directory for other amazing interviews we’ve done in the past!
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
- Baseline Evaluation: Follow-up with Vanta TradingIn liu of our regular weekend show, we have this recording of Kyle’s eval review with Vanta Trading’s Baba and Banks!
- The Option(al) Experience: Ep. 5, Options AnalysisThis episode is all about practical application, but before we get into the meat of the discussion, we have a quick digression about managing emotions.
- Bullish on Crypto: Ft. Dan Habib, CryptoCharged.comDan Habib returns to the shop to talk about why he’s still bullish on crypto (and BTC in particular) long term
- Round Table Square Traders: Trading Around Your Job, Ft. Mr. Banks and JoelMCJoel picked the locks to the shop to have this conversation with Vanta Trading’s Mr. Banks about going rogue and trading around a day job!
- Big Changes at Vanta – Ft. Baba YagaBaba Yaga stops by to discuss the recent changes happening over at Vanta Trading! Keep watch for the follow-up review coming soon!