In the first installment of our newest limited series with Rich Friesen of Mind Muscles Academy, we’re taking aim at improving our trading psychology. Join us as we discuss why psychology is so important to successful traders and how we can begin to measure and understand its effects on our results. Rich also explains how to take inventory and track our mentality by using S.E.T. (Sensations, Emotions and Thoughts) scores and explains the difference between lousy and lucrative trades. We welcome everyone to follow along with the homework assignments and look forward to the opportunity to learn from one of the best!
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 09/27/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Richard Friesen works with professionals and business leaders who want to increase their personal effectiveness with joy and grace. His neuroscience based Mind Muscles™ model gives his clients the opportunity to reach their goals with online training, simulations, interactive exercises, group support and real time decision processes.
Richard has been a futures broker for Merrill Lynch, a floor trader on the CME, CBOT and the options floor of the Pacific Exchange where he built and sold a successful options trading firm where he served on the Exchange’s board of directors. He also founded and built a financial software company and is the inventor of ten significant trading interface patents. This combined with his Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Neurolinguistic Programing Master’s certification and neuroscience focus, brings a unique framework to business, investing and career success. Rich recently published “A Private Conversation with Money,” which observes the main character “Joe” who deals with all the conflicts, self-sabotage and belief systems around money and wealth.
- Track S.E.T. scores as frequently as possible throughout trading sessions (until it becomes habit)
- Create (or Update) a Daily Affirmation that does not include deterministic outcomes
- Develop the criteria that needs to be met in order to step into the Executor role
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Links:
Previous Back to the Futures Episodes
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 4, Building a Plan ft. LeoThis week OrderFlow Labs’ Leo is in the shop to give us some tips and insights as we take the information learned and try to put together a trading plan
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 3, Volume ProfilingThe Back to the Futures miniseries continues with Job from Orderflow labs as he gives a master class in understanding and using Volume Profile
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 2, Auction TheoryEpisode 2 of our Futures series with Orderflow Labs continues as Fleri discusses TPO charts and auction theory
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 1, Building the FoundationOur first of a limited series with Orderflow Labs aims to lay a solid foundation for the aspiring futures trader