In the inaugural episode of Round Table, Square Traders, Fleri is back in the shop to field questions from aspiring trader Joel. Sit back, relax and crack a beer as we give Joel an opportunity to learn from one of the best in the futures game. From questions about developing strategies, to tracking metrics and how to effectively backtest, Joel makes excellent use of the opportunity. While the theme song could probably use some work, the concepts discussed in this episode are sure to benefit traders, no matter where they are in their journey.
Want to join an expert on the next episode? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of topics and a short bio and you could be selected for the next episode!
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 09/14/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Fleri began trading on the early crypto exchanges and with mid cap stocks before shifting his focus to futures and intraday trading. His work on ES, NQ, RTY, CL and UB is rooted in Market Auction Theory and tracking market participants through pattern recognition and confluence of Price Action and Order Flow. Fleri approaches his trading day by coming to the open with a plan of execution-able areas for the auction to potentially seek value while utilizing Order Flow and Price Action to capitalize on intraday rotations. His favorite Orderflow Labs study is Session Delta Pivots… The SDP levels offer an opportunity to lean into pullbacks and anticipate initiation from previous aggressive auctions while providing ranges for larger rotations.
Joel is a power lineman, husband, and father of 2 wonderful daughters. He took up trading as a way of participating in the market more actively than buy and hold ETF investing. Joel has found a true passion in trading futures and would continue to do it even if he never earned (or lost) another dollar, he just enjoys the game. Along with that he has found a community that has grown on him beyond buddies and past friends to what he considers family. Joel’s best friend is a doctor in the states he met through trading and have never met in person, while he is up in Canada.
The Dunning-Kruger Effect (Video)
If you enjoyed this week’s guest, check out our directory for other amazing interviews we’ve done in the past!
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
- Jeremy Delk: Venture Capitalist and Author of Without a PlanJeremy Delk, author of Without a Plan is in the shop to talk about the power of positive thinking, and shares his process for investing in startups
- Duncan Mavin: Author of The Pyramid of LiesDuncan Mavin, author of The Pyramid of Lies is in the shop this week to shed some light on the Greensill debacle that almost collapsed (and still may) a steel empire
- Salem Abraham: President and CEO of Abraham TradingSalem Abraham, President and CEO of Abraham Trading is in the China Shop this week to discuss FORTX, and why he thinks energy is poised for big returns
- Alex Demosthenes: Professional Futures TraderAlex Demosthenes is in the shop this week to discuss the 3 legs of the trader’s stool (sitting implement, get you mind out of the gutter!)
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Confidence in Your StrategiesRich Friesen returns for Episode 2 of Trade Runners, as we look to build confidence in ourselves and our setups. but are we looking in the right place?