This week we are welcoming Kevin Rendino, CEO of 180 Degree Capital (TURN), into the shop. Listen along as we discuss Kevin’s experiences working for Meryl Lynch and Blackrock, and how that led to him joining TURN. We also discuss his investment strategy for companies and how they are able to be more active with their investments by sticking with microcaps. Kevin also explains how ETFs and funds vote their shares and offers an honest assessment of Musk’s actions during his TWTR buyout offer.
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 09/12/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Mr. Rendino began serving as Chairman and CEO of 180 Degree Capital Corp. in March 2017 following his election to its board in June 2016. He is a financial services leader with three decades of Wall Street experience and expertise in capital markets, value investing and global equity markets. For over twenty years, Mr. Rendino worked on one fund, Basic Value Fund, with a consistent Graham and Dodd focus, at the same firm, BlackRock/Merrill Lynch. He was the Value team leader, a member of Blackrock’s Leadership Committee and a frequent contributor to CNBC, Bloomberg TV, Fox Business, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. For the entirety of his money management career, Kevin ranked in top quartile, and beat competitor averages and the SPX by over 100 basis points. He also received numerous Lipper awards for Investment Excellence during his tenure. Mr. Rendino has served as a member of the Board of Directors of multiple publicly traded companies, including Synacor, Inc. and TheStreet, Inc. Mr. Rendino graduated from the Carroll School of Management at Boston College (B.S.).
If you enjoyed this week’s guest, check out our directory for other amazing interviews we’ve done in the past!
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
- Jeremy Delk: Venture Capitalist and Author of Without a PlanJeremy Delk, author of Without a Plan is in the shop to talk about the power of positive thinking, and shares his process for investing in startups
- Duncan Mavin: Author of The Pyramid of LiesDuncan Mavin, author of The Pyramid of Lies is in the shop this week to shed some light on the Greensill debacle that almost collapsed (and still may) a steel empire
- Salem Abraham: President and CEO of Abraham TradingSalem Abraham, President and CEO of Abraham Trading is in the China Shop this week to discuss FORTX, and why he thinks energy is poised for big returns
- Alex Demosthenes: Professional Futures TraderAlex Demosthenes is in the shop this week to discuss the 3 legs of the trader’s stool (sitting implement, get you mind out of the gutter!)
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Confidence in Your StrategiesRich Friesen returns for Episode 2 of Trade Runners, as we look to build confidence in ourselves and our setups. but are we looking in the right place?