This week we are welcoming Kevin Rendino, CEO of 180 Degree Capital (TURN), into the shop. Listen along as we discuss Kevin’s experiences working for Meryl Lynch and Blackrock, and how that led to him joining TURN. We also discuss his investment strategy for companies and how they are able to be more active with their investments by sticking with microcaps. Kevin also explains how ETFs and funds vote their shares and offers an honest assessment of Musk’s actions during his TWTR buyout offer.
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 09/12/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Mr. Rendino began serving as Chairman and CEO of 180 Degree Capital Corp. in March 2017 following his election to its board in June 2016. He is a financial services leader with three decades of Wall Street experience and expertise in capital markets, value investing and global equity markets. For over twenty years, Mr. Rendino worked on one fund, Basic Value Fund, with a consistent Graham and Dodd focus, at the same firm, BlackRock/Merrill Lynch. He was the Value team leader, a member of Blackrock’s Leadership Committee and a frequent contributor to CNBC, Bloomberg TV, Fox Business, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. For the entirety of his money management career, Kevin ranked in top quartile, and beat competitor averages and the SPX by over 100 basis points. He also received numerous Lipper awards for Investment Excellence during his tenure. Mr. Rendino has served as a member of the Board of Directors of multiple publicly traded companies, including Synacor, Inc. and TheStreet, Inc. Mr. Rendino graduated from the Carroll School of Management at Boston College (B.S.).
180 Degree Capital Website
180 Degree Capital Insights
If you enjoyed this week’s guest, check out our directory for other amazing interviews we’ve done in the past!
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
China Shop Links:
2 Bulls Discord
China Shop Merch
- 2 Bulls Podcast: NFP Shocks Economists, VW Brings Back the BusThis week a blowout NFP report shocks economists, VW brings back the bus and Elon Musk’s legal woes continue as accusations of insider trading get added to a lawsuit
- Bruce Scott: CPA, MBA, FCA and Author of 14 Steps to Financial FreedomBruce Scott, author of 14 Steps to Financial Freedom is in the shop this week to talk about how to Grow, Protect and Sow your wealth.
- 2 Bulls Podcast: The AI Craze and Sam Altman’s Eye FetishAs debt ceiling talks progress, Yellen caves to the pressure and extends the deadline by 4 days… Meanwhile, Sam Altman raises funds to start an iris database
- Back to the Futures w/ Vanta Trading: Ep. 5, Baba Yaga and DeltaBaba Yaga from Vanta Trading is back this week to help with the much requested BttF episode focusing specifically on Delta!
- 2 Bulls Podcast: Political Parties Unite while Musk Fights the ‘Good’ Fight…This week we look at some moves from Buffett, Musk’s misguided crusade against remote work and some scary situations revolving around China’s lending