In the Third episode of our limited series with OrderFlow Labs, Job steps in for a discussion on Volume and how it relates to the Auction process. Listen along as we learn about what volume actually tells us, how time works together with volume and the different ways volume can be analyzed before leaving us with some intraday applications, and of course, this month’s homework assignment!
To see the example images and videos, view on the webpage here
For those of you trading with MotiveWave (along with Sierra Charts and Ninja Trader), OFL’s toolkit is now available on your platform!
If you have a question to submit for next month’s episode, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it in our Discord.
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 7/23/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Job began a journey into the world of trading nearly 10 years ago by means of individual stocks. After being introduced to futures, he turned his focus toward ES and NQ intraday trading. Primarily focusing on the morning RTH session and occasional ETH hours, what he and the other individuals developed give the freedom of sitting down during hours of choice. His favorite OrderFlow Labs studies are the Job Pinch and the Exhaustion Absorption Detector.
About OrderFlow Labs:
OFL is a group of die-hard futures traders and a C++ Wizard who have a passion for trading the futures market using Orderflow tools.
Orderflow Labs was created as a collective effort of our own work and experience trading the futures markets. Our goal is simple, we aim to help both new and experienced traders gain confidence, reduce your screen time and help you refine your edge.
Terminology and Examples:
- Map prior day Volume Profile and compare to the current profile
- Observation: Find the primary LVN (Low Volume Node) and observe how price interacts with this area
- Group zones of value to see how value is consolidating in the big picture
- Observation: Note how volume builds and price reacts as the day’s profile builds throughout the day’s session
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Links:
Previous Back to the Futures Episodes
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 3, Volume ProfilingThe Back to the Futures miniseries continues with Job from Orderflow labs as he gives a master class in understanding and using Volume Profile
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 2, Auction TheoryEpisode 2 of our Futures series with Orderflow Labs continues as Fleri discusses TPO charts and auction theory
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 1, Building the FoundationOur first of a limited series with Orderflow Labs aims to lay a solid foundation for the aspiring futures trader