In the second episode of our limited series with OrderFlow Labs, Fleri returns for an in-depth lesson on auction theory and how the markets move. Building on the homework assignment from episode #1, Fleri explains the power of TPO charts and how value is found in the auction process. He also lays out the framework for three actionable trade setups utilizing the information discussed today. Be sure to check out the examples in the episode description, as they will help with this month’s homework assignment!
For those of you trading with MotiveWave (along with Sierra Charts and Ninja Trader), OFL’s toolkit is now available on your platform!
If you have a question to submit for next month’s episode, email it to email@example.com or post it in our Discord.
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 06/21/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Fleri began trading on the early crypto exchanges and with mid cap stocks before shifting his focus to futures and intraday trading. His work on ES, NQ, RTY, CL and UB is rooted in Market Auction Theory and tracking market participants through pattern recognition and confluence of Price Action and Order Flow. Fleri approaches his trading day by coming to the open with a plan of execution-able areas for the auction to potentially seek value while utilizing Order Flow and Price Action to capitalize on intraday rotations. His favorite Orderflow Labs study is Session Delta Pivots… The SDP levels offer an opportunity to lean into pullbacks and anticipate initiation from previous aggressive auctions while providing ranges for larger rotations.
About Orderflow Labs
OFL is a group of die-hard futures traders and a C++ Wizard who have a passion for trading the futures market using Orderflow tools.
Orderflow Labs was created as a collective effort of our own work and experience trading the futures markets. Our goal is simple, we aim to help both new and experienced traders gain confidence, reduce your screen time and help you refine your edge.
- Define Balance/Imbalance
- Observation: Price as it moves to/from balance
- Observation: What does balance look like intraday?
- Familiarize yourself with TPO Charts
- Look for examples of the 3 trade setups (images below)
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Links:
Previous Back to the Futures Episodes
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 3, Volume ProfilingThe Back to the Futures miniseries continues with Job from Orderflow labs as he gives a master class in understanding and using Volume Profile
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 2, Auction TheoryEpisode 2 of our Futures series with Orderflow Labs continues as Fleri discusses TPO charts and auction theory
- Back to the Futures with Orderflow Labs: Ep. 1, Building the FoundationOur first of a limited series with Orderflow Labs aims to lay a solid foundation for the aspiring futures trader