This week in the shop we are joined by Derrick Oldensmith, VP of Trading and Education at T3 Live. Listen along as we discuss all things trading, from work ethic and discipline to risk management and keys to becoming consistent with our trading. We also pick Derricks brain on learning resources and discuss the motivations of stock analysts. Tons of great information in this one and be sure to check out Derrick’s YouTube channel if you want more!
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 04/11/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Derrick Oldensmith is a Senior Trader and Managing Supervisor for T3 Trading Group, LLC and VP of Trading and Education for T3 Live, LLC. Derrick first joined T3 Trading Group as an equity trader in 2011 and has been running a trading desk for the company since 2013.
For his personal trading, Derrick combines day trading, swing trading and portfolio management into his own, unique, top-down approach to the markets. He describes his trading style as a combination of technical analysis on multiple time frames and tape reading with a background of qualitative fundamentals.
Derrick has developed and mentored 100s of T3’s entry level traders and currently manages a group of more than 50. A highly competitive person, in his spare time, Derrick is a two-time world champion kickboxer and T3 is a regular sponsor of his events.
Derrick uses the Virtual Trading Floor as a means to bring his trading desk to those who may not be able to physically join him in New York. Each day, Derrick runs a morning meeting at 9am and an afternoon wrap-up meeting at 4:10pm. Throughout the trading session, he is constantly communicating about his positions with the members on the Floor.
Trade with Derrick and his team on the Pro Desk Virtual Trading Floor.
**Save 75% on your first month!**
T3 Live Website
T3 Live Twitter
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Discord:
- Trade Runners w/ Rich Friesen: Ep. 6, Conversations with MoneyComing into the home stretch of this miniseries with Rich Friesen, we build upon last month’s topic as Rich has a conversation with Kyle’s subconscious about Money
- 2 Bulls Podcast: Too Regional to Succeed…Turmoil in the Financial Sector leads to a slew of banking headlines this week, and conflicting calls from the two most shortable figures leaves the crypto world confused
- Andie Kramer: Crypto Tax ExpertAndie Kramer of AsKRamer Law stops by the shop this week to continue our education on the ever-changing crypto taxation landscape
- 2 Bulls Podcast: Housing Market Update w/ Sue MakiSue Maki (formerly Pullen) drops by this weekend to talk about interest rates, housing, and more!
- Round Table, Square Traders: Retail Capital and RobertRRetail Capital makes his first ever podcast appearance as he fields questions from China Shop discord member RobertR!