This week in the shop we are joined by Derrick Oldensmith, VP of Trading and Education at T3 Live. Listen along as we discuss all things trading, from work ethic and discipline to risk management and keys to becoming consistent with our trading. We also pick Derricks brain on learning resources and discuss the motivations of stock analysts. Tons of great information in this one and be sure to check out Derrick’s YouTube channel if you want more!
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 04/11/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Derrick Oldensmith is a Senior Trader and Managing Supervisor for T3 Trading Group, LLC and VP of Trading and Education for T3 Live, LLC. Derrick first joined T3 Trading Group as an equity trader in 2011 and has been running a trading desk for the company since 2013.
For his personal trading, Derrick combines day trading, swing trading and portfolio management into his own, unique, top-down approach to the markets. He describes his trading style as a combination of technical analysis on multiple time frames and tape reading with a background of qualitative fundamentals.
Derrick has developed and mentored 100s of T3’s entry level traders and currently manages a group of more than 50. A highly competitive person, in his spare time, Derrick is a two-time world champion kickboxer and T3 is a regular sponsor of his events.
Derrick uses the Virtual Trading Floor as a means to bring his trading desk to those who may not be able to physically join him in New York. Each day, Derrick runs a morning meeting at 9am and an afternoon wrap-up meeting at 4:10pm. Throughout the trading session, he is constantly communicating about his positions with the members on the Floor.
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Discord:
- Sammie Ellard-King: Founder of Up the GainsSammie Ellard-King, founder of Up the Gains, visits the shop this week all the way from sunny London to discuss his investing journey.
- 2 Bulls Podcast: INTC Denies Delays, Nomad Asks to ParlayDan returns to the shop this week to discuss the latest news, and Fleri stops by to talk about his big win and offer tips for beating Random
- Back to the Futures with OrderFlow Labs: Ep. 3, Volume ProfilingThe Back to the Futures miniseries continues with Job from Orderflow labs as he gives a master class in understanding and using Volume Profile
- Recession gets Redefined, AAPL’s Revenue Continues ClimbWith Dan out of town this weekend, shop favorite Fleri fills in and brings us his hot takes on the latest news and talks about his favorite crypto personality
- Jason Lawhorn: Day Trader and Host of Completely Off the RailsJason Lawhorn, aspiring daytrader and host of the Completely Off the Rails podcast joins us this week to talk shop… both podcast and trading