Ian Fraser, author of the bestselling book Shredded, stops by this week to discuss the events that led to the collapse of the Royal Bank of Scotland. Listen along as we dive deep into the scandal, from the changes instituted in the 80s by Matheson, to the ill-fated acquisition of ABN, the Government bailout and the aftermath… You’ll never look at banks the same way after this episode.
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 02/22/22
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Ian Fraser is an award-winning journalist, commentator and broadcaster who writes about business, finance, politics and economics. He has written for titles including The Economist, Financial Times, The Sunday Times, The Times, Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, Independent on Sunday, the Herald, Sunday Herald, BBC News, Thomson Reuters, Dow Jones, Accountancy, CA Magazine and Citywire.
His book, Shredded: Inside RBS, The Bank That Broke Britain, published in June 2014, explores how and why RBS, the world’s largest company by assets at the time of its collapse, became the world’s most expensive bank to bail out. The book — based on extensive interviews with more than 120 current and former RBS insiders, advisers, politicians, and others — was longlisted for the Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year and has received positive reviews including from FT chief economics correspondent Martin Wolf.
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Discord:
- 2 Bulls Podcast: Under New ManagementNew hosts Anthony and Sarah decide the time is right to launch a coup after Kyle forgets to tell them the guest host spot was only temporary….
- Matthew Murawski: Financial Planner at Goodstein Wealth ManagementMatthew Murawski, Financial Planner at Goodstein Wealth Management drops by to chat about some of the crazy mistakes a good planner can help you avoid
- 2 Bulls Podcast: In Search of Bottom FisherSarah Glass of TRADEPRO Academy fills in this week to discuss the recent Fed decision to raise rates and NFP report, and helps in our search for the bottom
- Cody Willard: Founder of SKTLS CryptoThis week Cody Willard, founder of the new SKTLs cryptocurrency stops by the shop to discuss everything from crypto to stocks and even Niel Patrick Harris!
- 2 Bulls Podcast: The Day the Bulls DiedAnthony Fatseas, Host of WTFinance fills in for Dan this week to discuss the latest market and crypto news, and even gets to make a bet for Dan