Our guest this week is Deborah Ellis, a certified financial planner with Cogent Independent Advisors. Deborah joins us to discuss her journey through the markets; how she went from a career in the film industry to pursuing her passion in the investment world. Listen along as we discuss the important people who started us on our journey, how a financial planner can help people from all aspects, as well as some fun stories from her time on the sets of several iconic shows of the past.
If you’d like to speak with Deborah about Financial Planning, you can reach her via her Email or by phone at (805) 585-5424 (ext. 2)
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 11/09/21
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
About Deborah W. Ellis:
As a certified financial planner Deborah exemplifies the Cogent Way. She has the education, life experience, and knowledge of changes in the financial landscape of the 21st century to help clients in identifying and attaining their financial goals. She’s seen how devastating a lack of fundamental financial knowledge can be for individuals, families and businesses. She believes that, like anything expected to grow and thrive, money must be cared for and nurtured. Without the proper guidance, financial wealth may not necessarily mean financial well-being.
She is proud to have worked in all phases of film and television production over the years, but was moved by what she experienced to offer clients a source for financial guidance. To this end, she combined her math and computer knowledge with her creativity and her commitment to integrity, transparency and ongoing education to pursue her career as a Certified Financial Planner.
Deborah earned her MBA in Investments, Finance and Economics from Pepperdine University Malibu, California and her Bachelors Degree in Art from University of California, Los Angeles.
She completed requirements to sit for the Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) exam at Colorado College of Financial Planning, where she also earned her Charter Retirement Planning Counselor designation.
She is a member of the Director’s Guild of American, Women in Film and the Financial Planning
Deborah lives in Southern California with her husband, Bruce and their loving poodle Sandy
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Discord:
- 2 Bulls Podcast: PTON Pains & 5G AirplanesThis week in the China Shop, fear runs rampant as bank earnings disappoint and the threat of rate hikes looms overhead…
- 2 Bulls Bonus: James Fok, Author of Financial Cold WarJames Fok joins us in the China Shop all the way from Hong Kong to talk about his book, Financial Cold War.
- 2 Bulls Podcast: Fed Takes a New Deuce, NFT Thieves on the LooseIn this week’s episode, new Fed number 2 Brainard vows to use powerful tool against inflation, and FedEx wants to put lasers on its planes
- 2 Bulls Bonus: Jared Bibler, Author of Iceland’s SecretJared Bibler, author of Iceland’s Secret joins us in the China Shop to discuss his role in uncovering cause of Iceland’s 2008 financial crisis.
- 2 Bulls Podcast: Learn, Laugh, LoseIt’s a new year, but once again the Fed dominates the headlines… This time with a triple threat to the markets…