The markets gave us all a scare this past week, with the SPY dropping below $428 on Thursday before bouncing back to close at a new high on Friday. Looks like the party will continue, at least for another week. Investors have got to be feeling on edge though, as the markets seem to be long overdue for a 10-15% correction…
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 9.6 M
Kyle’s pick this week is CenterPoint Energy, a public utility holding that owns and operates natural gas power generation and distribution facilities. As a utilities company, it should do well in the event that the market wakes up to the fact we’ve been printing money at an ungodly rate. This might explain the roughly 50% jump in volume on Friday, indicating that people are interested in CNP… It certainly wasn’t the recent news, which was a transformer fire at their Addicks substation. The charts don’t lie, and right now CNP has bullish structure with the volume to confirm. If the price can clear $26, that should set it up to make a run at $30.
Past Pick’ems Review
Other than SAP, not much change over the past week for our running pick list. Newcomer REI stopped out a couple days after making the list, and BUD looks like it might be next.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
*AMC stop loss set at 50% due to the extreme volatility
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!