This past week was capped off by the HUGE moves made by SPCE on friday, after announcing the FAA gave them permission to fly customers to space. This news also brings into play another test flight next weekend as Richard Branson most likely wants to beat Bezos in the billionaire space race. Other stocks making big moves include PLTR, TSLA and ROKU, but did any of our past picks hitch a ride on those rockets?
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 116 M
Kyle’s pick this week is Ford, a company which needs no introduction. Ford has been making moves lately thanks to the announced electric version of the iconic F-150. In early June, the stock peaked at $16.45 before falling into a distinct bull flag pattern. This last week, however, Ford jumped up out of that pattern and looks like it’s ready to continue to the upside. Kyle likes this one enough that he bought 8/20 $15 calls on Friday. Let’s see if it can’t push $20 by the time those calls expire!
Past Pick’ems Review
Short answer, no. DLB, CNXC, YUM and ABNB all managed to raise their trailing stop losses, but most of our picks ended the week pretty flat. SABR is flirting with their stops and look like it’s in danger of falling off our list next week. That might be a good thing though, as the current list is starting to get a bit long again.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
*AMC stop loss set at 50% due to the extreme volatility
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!