What a week for anyone hodling AMC! Lots of other heavily shorted stocks had great weeks as well, such as SPCE, BBBY and MVIS. The rest of the markets were up as well, and Biden unveiled his proposed budget ($6 Trillion!). We have two weeks to look through after enjoying a little vacation, so let’s see how our picks fared while we were gone… and what we came up with for next week.
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 116 M
Blackberry is another heavily shorted stock that has been seeing some positive movement this week. You may remember them as the makers of the once popular cell phones, but they kinda fell off a cliff after Apple dominated the markets with the iPhone. What you may not know is that Blackberry is still a solid company, albeit with a focus now on security software. We’re riding this one for the potential to run in tandem with the other meme stocks, but even if that doesn’t happen, it’s still got potential as a turnaround candidate.
Volume: 12 M
We got this bonus pick of Air BnB from former guest Victorio Stefanov. He shared this on his twitter last Wednesday, after noticing a setup similar to BYND and PTON. ABNB easily held the $130 mark before starting it’s climb the next day. Currently around $140, Vico thinks this one has the potential to return to the $160-$170 range. We’ve seen his picks do rather well since we started following him, so we’re going to ride this trade with him!
Past Pick’ems Review
Surprisingly, not much changed with most of our stocks. There were, however, two exceptions. First was SABR, which starting doing exactly what we thought. After falling from terrible earnings, it has started it’s upward climb again. Second was AMC… and wow, nearly 100% gains even after falling enough to trip the 30% stop loss we gave it. We’re tempted to throw it back on the list, as both Dan and I are holding our shares with no stops in place… in fact, let’s go ahead and ride it again with a 50% stop this time!
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
*AMC stop loss set at 30% due to the extreme volatility
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!