The markets ended another week at a new all time high again on Friday, this time overcoming what looked to be some sector rotation and a disappointing jobs report. The House Financial Services committee held another hearing on the GME saga, but it stands to be seen if anything useful will come from it. Earnings season is fully underway, and it seems like there are some big expectations required to see and upward movement.
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 6.9 M
Kyle’s Friday Pick’em this week is Sabre Corp, an IT company specializing in the global travel and tourism industry. Sabre is an interesting stock, and I’ve been watching it for almost a year now. They posted some poor earnings (again) last week, but the stock always seems to jump up after that initial disappointment wears off. We saw it start to do this again on Friday, and I’m betting the trend continues over the next few weeks.
Past Pick’ems Review
We had a decent week overall for our picks, with NUE and BUD doing especially well. ATVI, on the other hand, finally triggered its stop loss. ARKX has not been doing anything really since it’s addition, but we’re willing to give it some more time. CVM also triggered its loss, but that is a stock I’m going to continue to hold. It’s an all or nothing play that hinges on their trial data, but I’m willing to take that risk.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/23/21The markets managed to rebound after Biden announced a plan to change the capital gains tax, and another plan of his killed one of our picks!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/16/21Another good week for the markets overall, but several stocks were not so lucky… Were any of our picks affected?
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.