Last week started and ended strong, with a major hiccup in the middle after Biden announced that he wanted to nearly double the capital gains tax on the wealthy. The market was able to quickly recover, but we’ll have to keep a close eye on this story… It has the potential to affect the markets in a big way if it sees any traction in Congress.
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 1.9 M
Kyle’s Friday Pick’em this week is Cel-Sci Corp, a small cap biotech company engaged in the R&D of cancer treatments. CVM saw a lot of volume and price action on Thursday, with nothing really showing up in the news. We think it is because the results of a 10 year study on one of their treatments are due at the end of the month. If the results of this Phase 3 study are positive, this stock is going to really take off! We shared a video on our discord, where it was revealed that CVM had posted a slew of new jobs and had recently completed construction of a new clean room. All this info taken together makes it look like some good news is on the horizon!
Past Pick’ems Review
It was a bit of a mixed bag last week for our past picks. SAP, BUD and CNXC continued to gain while the others were flat or declining. ATVI and NUE have been slowly dropping and we lost MO and PLTR to stop losses. MO was doing well until Biden announced he wanted to ban menthols. PLTR started its run, but it was too late as it dropped out on Monday at the opening bell.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!