Last week started and ended strong, with a major hiccup in the middle after Biden announced that he wanted to nearly double the capital gains tax on the wealthy. The market was able to quickly recover, but we’ll have to keep a close eye on this story… It has the potential to affect the markets in a big way if it sees any traction in Congress.
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 1.9 M
Kyle’s Friday Pick’em this week is Cel-Sci Corp, a small cap biotech company engaged in the R&D of cancer treatments. CVM saw a lot of volume and price action on Thursday, with nothing really showing up in the news. We think it is because the results of a 10 year study on one of their treatments are due at the end of the month. If the results of this Phase 3 study are positive, this stock is going to really take off! We shared a video on our discord, where it was revealed that CVM had posted a slew of new jobs and had recently completed construction of a new clean room. All this info taken together makes it look like some good news is on the horizon!
Past Pick’ems Review
It was a bit of a mixed bag last week for our past picks. SAP, BUD and CNXC continued to gain while the others were flat or declining. ATVI and NUE have been slowly dropping and we lost MO and PLTR to stop losses. MO was doing well until Biden announced he wanted to ban menthols. PLTR started its run, but it was too late as it dropped out on Monday at the opening bell.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/23/21The markets managed to rebound after Biden announced a plan to change the capital gains tax, and another plan of his killed one of our picks!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/16/21Another good week for the markets overall, but several stocks were not so lucky… Were any of our picks affected?
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.
- Friday Pick’em: 04/02/21A short week with plenty of action, from a historic margin call to a mega infrastructure plan. But something else has our attention this week!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/26/21Dan combs through his screeners to bring us this week’s pick, one that has been on a roll all year and looks ready to breakout past it’s all time high!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/19/21It was an up then down week for the NASDAQ as inflation concerns flare up again, and one of our previous picks pulls a Houdini!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/12/21Last week saw the NASDAQ recover from it’s correction, something our picks needed after the beating they took!
- Friday Pick’em: 03-06-21 (Sunday Edition)A couple days late but hopefully not a dollar short, here is are picks for next week. No Tech this time!