Amid the backdrop of new all time highs for the S&P and the beginning of earnings season, banking stocks did very well. Unfortunately, several other past favorites did not fair so well. JMIA, BBBY and SPCE in particular were hit hard, and the alternative energies stocks continued their decline. But did it affect any of our current picks? Read on to find out!
Our Stock Pick
Volume: 57 M
Dan’s Friday Pick’em this week is Wells Fargo, a banking company that needs no introduction. WFC saw increased volume and price after reporting good earnings, and they have already been trading above their moving average for nearly a month. With the government announcing it will lift restrictions on share buybacks and dividends for most banks, this stock has a lot going for it.
Past Pick’ems Review
This week we were finally rewarded for sticking with SAP, as it has finally started to come to life. BUD also started moving after a lackluster performance since its selection too. We finally lost DAR, although it did rebound to close the week out and PLTR was hovering near it’s stop loss after a promising start.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/23/21The markets managed to rebound after Biden announced a plan to change the capital gains tax, and another plan of his killed one of our picks!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/16/21Another good week for the markets overall, but several stocks were not so lucky… Were any of our picks affected?
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.
- Friday Pick’em: 04/02/21A short week with plenty of action, from a historic margin call to a mega infrastructure plan. But something else has our attention this week!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/26/21Dan combs through his screeners to bring us this week’s pick, one that has been on a roll all year and looks ready to breakout past it’s all time high!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/19/21It was an up then down week for the NASDAQ as inflation concerns flare up again, and one of our previous picks pulls a Houdini!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/12/21Last week saw the NASDAQ recover from it’s correction, something our picks needed after the beating they took!
- Friday Pick’em: 03-06-21 (Sunday Edition)A couple days late but hopefully not a dollar short, here is are picks for next week. No Tech this time!