Amid the backdrop of new all time highs for the S&P and the beginning of earnings season, banking stocks did very well. Unfortunately, several other past favorites did not fair so well. JMIA, BBBY and SPCE in particular were hit hard, and the alternative energies stocks continued their decline. But did it affect any of our current picks? Read on to find out!
Our Stock Pick
Volume: 57 M
Dan’s Friday Pick’em this week is Wells Fargo, a banking company that needs no introduction. WFC saw increased volume and price after reporting good earnings, and they have already been trading above their moving average for nearly a month. With the government announcing it will lift restrictions on share buybacks and dividends for most banks, this stock has a lot going for it.
Past Pick’ems Review
This week we were finally rewarded for sticking with SAP, as it has finally started to come to life. BUD also started moving after a lackluster performance since its selection too. We finally lost DAR, although it did rebound to close the week out and PLTR was hovering near it’s stop loss after a promising start.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!