Coming off of Easter weekend, the S&P 500 and DOW hit new all times highs, and the NASDAQ is inching up towards its as well. While the broader markets have been rising overall, a couple of the sectors that had been enjoying huge gains in the last few months did not fair as well. Real estate was down 1.23% and Energy was down 2.59% (-7.52% in the last month!). As expected with the markets hitting new highs, our previous picks also did well.
Our Stock Pick
Volume: 54 M
Our Friday Pick’em this week is Palantir Technologies, a software company that builds platforms for commercial and government institutions. After debuting in late September, the stock enjoyed a nice run, peaking at $45 a share a couple months ago. This stock has since settled out after bottoming out just under $22 and looks poised to start moving again. Cathie Woods has been buying up shares like crazy in recent weeks, so we’re looking to follow suit!
Past Pick’ems Review
As previously stated, most of our picks ended the week positive with the exception of BGS, which triggered its stop loss on Friday. CNXC continues to push new highs while SAP looks to finally be coming back to life.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!