This week in the China Shop, Jennifer Beck joins us to talk Pot stocks and CBD. We asked Jennifer about the hurdles she had to overcome starting Cannabase and the issues with running a cannabis based business in general. We also chatted about the future of marijuana and the chances of it getting legalized. After getting a stock tip from our guest, we then discussed the benefits of CBD. We asked her about her new company, Jihi, and what sets it apart from other CBD businesses. After promising to call us when Jihi IPOs, we challenged our guest to a game of “Which Beck Said it!”
2 Bulls in a China Shop: Recorded on 04/20/21
Listen now on all major Podcast distributors!
Who is Jennifer Beck?
Jennifer Beck is a seasoned entrepreneur with deep experience in the emerging legal cannabis and hemp market. Her technology company Cannabase was founded in 2013 as the first and largest online wholesale marketplace connecting the legal cannabis market. During her time with Cannabase, she served for 2 years as the Vice Chair of the Colorado Cannabis Chamber of Commerce and was involved with advocacy for responsible legalization.
After selling Cannabase in 2016 to Helix Technologies (where Cannabase was rolled into leading cannabis seed-to-sale tracker BioTrack THC), Jennifer co-founded Jihi with a mission to help high performing people sleep better, recover faster, and rejuvenate from the inside out. Jihi’s proprietary, clean and highly functional CBD skin and body care was founded on the idea of “Self-Centered Wellness” – coming within to find our authenticity, our joy and our power – and compassion for ourselves and the earth. Jennifer has been featured on Bloomberg Radio, Forbes, Green Entrepreneur, Marijuana Business Daily and more.
If you like our show, please let us know by rating and subscribing on your platform of choice!
If you like our show and hate social media, then please tell all your friends!
If you have no friends and hate social media and you just want to give us money for advertising to help you find more friends, then you can donate to support the show here!
2 Bulls Discord:
- 2 Bulls Podcast: FSC Looking Bought, Patent Owners DistraughtFinancial Services Hearings, AMC’s earnings call, vaccine patent rights and so much more to cover this week!
- 2 Bulls Podcast: April 2021 ReviewIt’s already May and that means it’s time for another month-end review! Richard stops by to put Kyle in the couch again and we learn our consequences!
- 2 Bulls Podcast: AMC Sets up Nicely, Lumber gets PriceyIn this week’s episode, we look at Adam Aron’s curious moves, and Kyle digs a little deeper into Cel-Sci’s potential cancer treatment.
- 2 Bulls Bonus: Comedians on Podcasts Getting Invested w/ Eddie PenceComedian and Cohost of the Ralph Report Eddie Pence stops by to take a crash course in the stock market! Can we teach Eddie the magic of Compound Interest?
- 2 Bulls Podcast: Menthols Forbidden, Bezos goes Villain?This week in the shop, we talk about Biden’s effect on the markets, Amazon’s new factory and a strange new feature offered by Microsoft Teams