Overall, it was another odd week, with Powell and Yellen testifying in Congress. The markets appeared to be destined for a flat week until the last 30 minutes of trading when buying pressure suddenly picked up and carried the S&P to around a 1.5% gain on the week. But did our pick’em list benefit from the flurry of activity just before close?
Dan’s Stock Pick
Volume: 7.68 M
Dan’s Friday Pick’em this week is Nucor (NUE), on of the leading producers of steel in North America. After a relatively flat decade, this stock is looking ready to breakout. NUE is approaching it’s all time high after passing it’s highest share price since 2008! As Friday’s second best S&P performer, NUE’s stock has risen over 46% in 2021. With economy starting to open back up along with US infrastructure optimism, it looks like the stage is set for this steel behemoth to really break out!
Past Pick’ems Review
Not a bad week for our list, with the exception of one stock that triggered it’s stop loss. YELL just never really moved the right direction after being added to our list, but CNXC is making up for it. Newcomers BGS and MO had another steady, but positive week and ATVI seems to have bottomed out mere pennies away from it’s stop loss. Hopefully the worst is behind ATVI…
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
*Pretty sure this triggered a stop loss, but the charts are no longer available to confirm
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/23/21The markets managed to rebound after Biden announced a plan to change the capital gains tax, and another plan of his killed one of our picks!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/16/21Another good week for the markets overall, but several stocks were not so lucky… Were any of our picks affected?
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.