Overall, it was another odd week, with Powell and Yellen testifying in Congress. The markets appeared to be destined for a flat week until the last 30 minutes of trading when buying pressure suddenly picked up and carried the S&P to around a 1.5% gain on the week. But did our pick’em list benefit from the flurry of activity just before close?
Dan’s Stock Pick
Volume: 7.68 M
Dan’s Friday Pick’em this week is Nucor (NUE), on of the leading producers of steel in North America. After a relatively flat decade, this stock is looking ready to breakout. NUE is approaching it’s all time high after passing it’s highest share price since 2008! As Friday’s second best S&P performer, NUE’s stock has risen over 46% in 2021. With economy starting to open back up along with US infrastructure optimism, it looks like the stage is set for this steel behemoth to really break out!
Past Pick’ems Review
Not a bad week for our list, with the exception of one stock that triggered it’s stop loss. YELL just never really moved the right direction after being added to our list, but CNXC is making up for it. Newcomers BGS and MO had another steady, but positive week and ATVI seems to have bottomed out mere pennies away from it’s stop loss. Hopefully the worst is behind ATVI…
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
*Pretty sure this triggered a stop loss, but the charts are no longer available to confirm
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.
- Friday Pick’em: 04/02/21A short week with plenty of action, from a historic margin call to a mega infrastructure plan. But something else has our attention this week!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/26/21Dan combs through his screeners to bring us this week’s pick, one that has been on a roll all year and looks ready to breakout past it’s all time high!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/19/21It was an up then down week for the NASDAQ as inflation concerns flare up again, and one of our previous picks pulls a Houdini!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/12/21Last week saw the NASDAQ recover from it’s correction, something our picks needed after the beating they took!
- Friday Pick’em: 03-06-21 (Sunday Edition)A couple days late but hopefully not a dollar short, here is are picks for next week. No Tech this time!
- Friday Pick’em: 02/26/21After an abysmal week in the stock market, we assess the damage and find two stocks worth checking out
- Friday Pick’em: 02/19/21After last week’s homerun of a pick, we look to repeat that success again. Can we make it two in a row?
- Friday Pick’em: 02/12/21A big acquisition offer by one of our picks on Friday puts it’s status in jeopardy. How did the rest of our stocks fare?
- Friday Pick’em: 02/05/21Now that the GME excitement has died down, it’s time we got back to basics