In a first this week, we lost one of our picks due to an acquisition being finalized. Since I have no idea where to even start to track this event, we’re just going to forget it ever happened… The rest of the week was pretty much the same, as the NASDAQ gave back much of the gains from early in the week, as inflation concerns popped back up mid week. We kept that in mind when we did our search for this week’s pick.
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 37 M
Kyle’s Friday Pick’em is this week is Altria Group (MO), a well known tobacco company that somehow falls into the consumer staples sector. Altria’s nice run started two weeks ago, and seems to be tied to the current inflation concerns. As that is something we don’t see changing anytime soon, this stock pick should make for a good hedge against it. This is also a great long term holding, as it’s dividend payout is currently at 6.8%. With the ex-date set at 3/24, we’re just in time to be eligible for that payout on 4/30!
Past Pick’ems Review
This past week wasn’t that kind to our picks… ATVI is in the middle of a PR nightmare after paying their CEO $200 million after laying off a bunch of employees, while newcomer YELL has been steadily dropping since it’s debut on Monday. DAR also seems to have stalled on it’s impressive run, but at least DLB and BGS are showing us some green.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
*Pretty sure this triggered a stop loss, but the charts are no longer available to confirm
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!