In a first this week, we lost one of our picks due to an acquisition being finalized. Since I have no idea where to even start to track this event, we’re just going to forget it ever happened… The rest of the week was pretty much the same, as the NASDAQ gave back much of the gains from early in the week, as inflation concerns popped back up mid week. We kept that in mind when we did our search for this week’s pick.
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 37 M
Kyle’s Friday Pick’em is this week is Altria Group (MO), a well known tobacco company that somehow falls into the consumer staples sector. Altria’s nice run started two weeks ago, and seems to be tied to the current inflation concerns. As that is something we don’t see changing anytime soon, this stock pick should make for a good hedge against it. This is also a great long term holding, as it’s dividend payout is currently at 6.8%. With the ex-date set at 3/24, we’re just in time to be eligible for that payout on 4/30!
Past Pick’ems Review
This past week wasn’t that kind to our picks… ATVI is in the middle of a PR nightmare after paying their CEO $200 million after laying off a bunch of employees, while newcomer YELL has been steadily dropping since it’s debut on Monday. DAR also seems to have stalled on it’s impressive run, but at least DLB and BGS are showing us some green.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
*Pretty sure this triggered a stop loss, but the charts are no longer available to confirm
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.
- Friday Pick’em: 04/02/21A short week with plenty of action, from a historic margin call to a mega infrastructure plan. But something else has our attention this week!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/26/21Dan combs through his screeners to bring us this week’s pick, one that has been on a roll all year and looks ready to breakout past it’s all time high!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/19/21It was an up then down week for the NASDAQ as inflation concerns flare up again, and one of our previous picks pulls a Houdini!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/12/21Last week saw the NASDAQ recover from it’s correction, something our picks needed after the beating they took!
- Friday Pick’em: 03-06-21 (Sunday Edition)A couple days late but hopefully not a dollar short, here is are picks for next week. No Tech this time!
- Friday Pick’em: 02/26/21After an abysmal week in the stock market, we assess the damage and find two stocks worth checking out
- Friday Pick’em: 02/19/21After last week’s homerun of a pick, we look to repeat that success again. Can we make it two in a row?
- Friday Pick’em: 02/12/21A big acquisition offer by one of our picks on Friday puts it’s status in jeopardy. How did the rest of our stocks fare?
- Friday Pick’em: 02/05/21Now that the GME excitement has died down, it’s time we got back to basics