It’s Friday again, and that means it’s our Friday Pick’em’s. Time to assess the damages after the stock market had one of its worst weeks in a while. Hopefully, everyone following along had their stop losses in place! The big question now is if the weakness is an overdue correction or the start of something worse.
Dan’s Stock Pick
Volume: 309 K
Dan’s Friday Pick’em is Concentrix Corp, one of the few stocks last week that saw positive momentum while everything else was dropping. I like this stock as a Pick’em for a few reasons. First, it’s seeing a jump in volume with no recent news to justify the increased interest. Second, its MACD just flashed a buy signal and third, it has the momentum of passing its 52 week-high. These signals don’t always mean it’s going to keep running, but those are all commonalities I’ve seen in the runners I’ve found since this began. Just remember to set your trailing stops!
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 68.8 M
Kyle’s Pick’em of the week is Churchill Capital, a blank check company (SPAC), was on a heck of a tear before it came crashing down on Tuesday. The reason for the run-up was rumors of it acquiring Lucid Motors. When the details came out, it’s share price quickly fell off a cliff over the next few days before finding support around $27 a share. On Friday, the stock reversed its drop and closed above $30 and is looking very attractive at that price. I’ll be looking at the stock Monday hoping to catch it as it bounces off it’s bottom, with a stop loss around $28.50 to protect myself in case I read it wrong.
Past Pick’ems Review
Last week was not kind to our picks, as we lost 4 total. AMD and CONN never really took off, QS was a victim of some extreme volatility and II-VI had its momentum snapped after announcing an acquisition. SPCE was just a borderline hall of shame pick…
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!