A good week in the books for my ledger as I made a couple options bets that really paid off. I was really happy with the methodology I used to make those bets as well. Finally offloading BAC hurt, but the other moves more than made up for it!
Buy: LOGI Feb 19 $100 Call @ $2.75
Buy: NIO @ $57.50
This was the first trading day after LOGI reported earnings, and I thought they looked pretty good. The market disagreed and shares dropped below $100. I saw a large amount of these $100 calls trading that day, so I snapped some up to try to ride a rebound. The NIO shares were purchased to back up my bet from our Podcast.
Buy: AMD Jan 22 $90 Call @ $0.88
Something similar happened here with these AMD calls, I saw a lot of volume traded that day. I also knew that Intel was reporting earnings later in the day, and I figured AMD’s shares would rise if Intel lost market share in the Data Center sector. This is exactly what happened! Feels great to get some right after whiffing on BofA so bad.
Sell: LOGI Feb 19 $100 Call @ $6.00
Sell: LOGI Feb 19 $100 Call @ $7.25
Sell: AMD Jan 22 $90 Call @ $1.30
Sell: AMD Jan 22 $90 Call @ $1.50
Sell: AMD Jan 22 $90 Call @ $2.00
Sell: AMD Jan 22 $90 Call @ $2.10
Sell: BAC Jan 29 $33 Call @ $0.20
My bets in LOGI and AMD payed off almost immediately, so I sold most of them off throughout the day. I held 25% of my LOGI calls as I was anticipating it would break it’s all time high soon. Both of these moves more than made up for the big loss I took unloading the BAC calls.
Buy: AMD @ $91.87
I bought some AMD shares after I sold out of all my options as I wanted to ride the momentum until AMD reports their earnings next Tuesday. I still haven’t decided if I’ll sell before earnings or hold them longer.
Sell: NIO @ $61.34
NIO rebounded Friday after an up and down week, so I just took profits here rather than risk holding them through the weekend.
|Ticker||Buy Price||Current Price|
|SPCE Apr 16 $30 Call||$5.50||$8.50|
|CRM Mar 19 $250 Call||$9.60*||$5.62|
|LOGI Feb 19 $100 Call||$2.75||$6.15|
*SAP, BBBY, SPCE and CRM Calls buy price averaged over two purchases
|Ticker||Buy Price||Sell Price|
|SPCE Apr 16 Call||$5.50||$8.00|
|LOGI Feb 19 $100 Call||$2.75||$6.00|
|LOGI Feb 19 $100 Call||$2.75||$7.25|
|AMD Jan 22 $90 Call||$0.88||$1.30|
|AMD Jan 22 $90 Call||$0.88||$1.50|
|AMD Jan 22 $90 Call||$0.88||$2.00|
|AMD Jan 22 $90 Call||$0.88||$2.10|
|BAC Jan 29 $33 Call||$1.04||$0.20|
Weekly Gain (Realized):
|Date||My Gains||SPY Gains|
More Like This
- Organigram levels up!After Organigram announces a new partnership, Dan takes a closer look at OGI and what that means for both companies going forward.
- OCGN: Experimenting with Covered CallsKyle shares his experiences trading covered calls in Ocugen, Inc. (OCGN) over the last two weeks. But will there be profits?
- 3 Bounce Back Stock Candidates Post Earnings DipWe look at three stocks that have to potential to bounce next week after their stocks fell post earnings.
- Weekly Trade Log: 02/08/21After watching GME sink like a rock, I had to step away from the markets for a bit and figure out a plan to recover.
- Weekly Trade Log: 2/01/21With the Mother of all Short Squeezes on the precipice of being Squoze, I realized some very large gains on the week
- Weekly Trade Log: 01/25/21Two savvy moves in particular erase a bad bet from the previous week and take me back into the green for the year
- Weekly Trade Log: 01/18/21Big gains from BBBY are negated when I repeat several money losing mistakes this week. When will I learn?
- Weekly Trade Log: 01/11/21The trade log is back after taking a break over the holidays. Now we finally get to see how I finished the year against the SPY!
- Weekly Trade Log: 12/21My first realized loss in a while, thanks to some emotional options trading on SPCE. An expensive lesson learned!
- Weekly Trade Log: 12/14Stimulus gridlock and a failed test flight from Virgin Galactic on Saturday are setting the stage for a rough week coming up