Welcome back to 2021’s first trade log update! I’ll go through the few moves I made to close out last year before getting into last week’s moves.
Buy: BBBY @ $19.20
Sell: AMD @ $92.19
Buy: AMD Dec 24 $94 Call @ $1.20
I finally closed out my position in AMD, mostly to fund my big bet on BBBY’s earning call on 1/7. Even though the stock benefited from the “Blue Wave,” it lost a lot of ground after posting a big miss. I also bought some cheap AMD calls so I wouldn’t be kicking myself if my selling out was premature. Instead, I just ended up kicking myself for purchasing those calls when they expired worthless.
Buy: JMIA Jan 15 $50 Call @ $4.65
I bought these calls after watching JMIA continue its epic run, but unfortunatley, that run ended the moment I bought them. January 15th is starting to look like an expensive day for my portfolio.
Buy: NIO Jan 15 $55 Call @ $4.50
I bought these calls expecting to see some positive movement leading up to Nio Day. NIO was Dan’s bet pick in last week’s episode of 2 Bulls in a China Shop and I liked his reasoning.
Buy: BAC Jan 29 $33 Call @ $1.13
I bought these after seeing options alerts pop up for JPM and BAC. I knew I should have waited a day as I was buying them though, as I could have picked them up for less than $0.80 a contract on Friday. BAC announces earnings in a couple weeks, but I’m hoping they move in sympathy with JPM when they report on 1/15.
Sell: NIO Jan 15 $55 Call @ $6.08
Here I sold off 50% of my NIO position at the end of the day after watching the stock price rally throughout the day. I wanted to lock in some profit in case NIO disappointed (I still have nightmares about AMDs big events), but it looks like I didn’t need to worry.
|Ticker||Buy Price||Current Price|
|CLX Jan 15 $200 Put||$7.70||$3.75|
|NIO Jan 15 $55 Call||$4.50||$6.17|
|JMIA Jan 15 $50 Call||$4.65||$0.17|
|BBBY Jan 15 $20 Call||$1.75||$0.33|
|SPCE Apr 16 $30 Call||$5.50||$3.52|
|CRM Mar 19 $250 Call||$9.60*||$4.85|
|BAC Jan 29 $33 Call||$1.13||$0.83|
*SAP, BBBY, SPCE and CRM Calls buy price averaged over two purchases
|Ticker||Buy Price||Sell Price|
|AMD Dec 24 $94 Call||$1.20||Expired|
|NIO Jan 15 $55 Call||$4.50||$6.08|
Weekly Gain (Realized):
|Date||My Gains||SPY Gains|
More Like This
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: The Taper Rate Is Transitory…Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: CVS, F, COF, TSM and AQST.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: “We’ll Have What the House is Buying”Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: TSLA, JNJ, DE, PLTR and LYV.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: ‘Say “Transitory” One More Time… We Dare You…’Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: Z, PTON, V, FTV and TGT
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: Tuesdays with LeesonLooking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: TSLA, AMZN, DWAC and NKE
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: “Our Bet Picks are Mediocre and Christmas in October??”Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: AAPL, SPCE, FAST, EBAY, MSFT and BP.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: Oil Pops & New Crypto CopsLooking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: FB, CCXI, UNP, GE, and K.
- Organigram levels up!After Organigram announces a new partnership, Dan takes a closer look at OGI and what that means for both companies going forward.
- OCGN: Experimenting with Covered CallsKyle shares his experiences trading covered calls in Ocugen, Inc. (OCGN) over the last two weeks. But will there be profits?
- 3 Bounce Back Stock Candidates Post Earnings DipWe look at three stocks that have to potential to bounce next week after their stocks fell post earnings.
- Weekly Trade Log: 02/08/21After watching GME sink like a rock, I had to step away from the markets for a bit and figure out a plan to recover.