GME continued to make headlines this week, along with several other stocks with high short volume. If you need to catch up on what the big deal is, check out our bonus episode of 2 Bulls that was released early on Thursday. We’ll be discussing it more this weekend when the newest episode is released Saturday evening as well.
Kyle’s Stock Pick
Volume: 123 M
I normally don’t normally nominate non-stocks, but this ETN feels like a better bet to get into the action of the GME insanity without having to buy extremely volatile stocks. It tracks short term volatility, so it will increase in value if the market reacts sharply up or down next week. With the possibility of the biggest short squeeze ever seen on the horizon as early as next week, this is my pick.
Dan’s Stock Pick
Volume: 590 K
Conn Inc. is a specialty retailer of furniture and related accessories. The stock had been trading in a pretty well defined $11-$14/share box for the last two months with an upward price channel during that time. On Friday it broke through the $16 ceiling and established a new 52 high, making it a prime “Darvas” stock. With the real estate market as hot as it is, it’s not surprising to see a home furnishing retailer expanding while so many other retailers struggle.
Past Pick’ems Review
Market uncertainty with regards to the GME situation caused a total of 4 of our stocks to drop off our list. We’re most sad to see FTCH and JWN go, as they had been all-stars for us for the last couple months. STNE and XME triggered their stop losses as well, for a small net gain between the two of them. We have a feeling we will lose a few more before this GME thing resolves itself.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.
- Friday Pick’em: 04/02/21A short week with plenty of action, from a historic margin call to a mega infrastructure plan. But something else has our attention this week!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/26/21Dan combs through his screeners to bring us this week’s pick, one that has been on a roll all year and looks ready to breakout past it’s all time high!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/19/21It was an up then down week for the NASDAQ as inflation concerns flare up again, and one of our previous picks pulls a Houdini!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/12/21Last week saw the NASDAQ recover from it’s correction, something our picks needed after the beating they took!
- Friday Pick’em: 03-06-21 (Sunday Edition)A couple days late but hopefully not a dollar short, here is are picks for next week. No Tech this time!
- Friday Pick’em: 02/26/21After an abysmal week in the stock market, we assess the damage and find two stocks worth checking out
- Friday Pick’em: 02/19/21After last week’s homerun of a pick, we look to repeat that success again. Can we make it two in a row?
- Friday Pick’em: 02/12/21A big acquisition offer by one of our picks on Friday puts it’s status in jeopardy. How did the rest of our stocks fare?
- Friday Pick’em: 02/05/21Now that the GME excitement has died down, it’s time we got back to basics