I was having a great week until Wednesday when I prematurely sold off a position that had been doing great, but would have continued to run another day. That directly led to me trying to buy it back on Friday and giving back some of those gains. At least my JWN bet paid off and my SPCE bet is starting to look pretty good too.
Sold: NIO @ $57.02
NIO was trading pretty high in after hours, so I sold off a portion of my holdings thinking I could buy them back the next day for cheaper.
Sold: JWN Dec 04 $22 Call @ 3.35
JWN was set to report earnings after the bell, so I sold a third of my calls to lock in some gains in case the report wasn’t positive. It turns out, the quarterly earnings were great, but I don’t regret being cautious as I feel its a better strategy long term.
Sold: BE @ $23.50
Sold: WWR at $5.79
Sold: JWN Dec 04 $22 Call @ $6.15
BE was sold premarket when it looked like it’s run was finally over. Turns out this was a mistake as it hit a new high again. WWR triggered its stop loss in the afternoon. The only saving grace for the day was cashing in another third of my JWN calls.
Buy: IDEX @ $2.60
Sell: IDEX @ $2.69
Buy: IDEX @ $2.86
After seeing what looked like an $8 million dollar bet on the December $3 calls, I bought into IDEX (It must have been an error, as the open interest doesn’t reflect that any large position was opened). My stop loss kicked me out shortly afterwards, and I bought back in at the end of the day when it looked like it was building some momentum.
No Trades: Happy Thanksgiving!
Sold: IDEX @ $2.90
Buy: FCEL @ $9.60
My IDEX kicked me out on the stop loss again and I wasn’t able to get the price I wanted to buy back in on Friday. I also took a stake in FCEL as it had been on my radar and Dan also singled it out for the Friday Pick’em.
Buy: BE @ 27.90
Sold: BE @ 24.91
This was the biggest mistake of the week. I bought back into BE after it set a new high, but it stalled out around $28 and change before falling off sharply. My stop loss kicked in at just the right point that I missed the rebound to $25… I had to step away for a bit at this point until I was able to act rationally again.
|Ticker||Buy Price||Current Price|
|CLX Jan 15 $200 Put||$7.70||$5.70|
|BBBY Dec 18 $15 Call||$2.52||$6.85|
|SONO Dec 18 $17.5 Call||$1.33||$3.90|
|JWN Dec 04 $22 Call||$1.30||$4.88|
|SPCE Dec 18 $28 Call||$0.95||$2.06|
SAP buy price averaged over two buys
|Ticker||Buy Price||Sell Price|
|JWN Dec 04 $22 Call||$1.30||$3.35|
|JWN Dec 04 $22 Call||$1.30||$6.15|
Weekly Gain (Realized):
|Week||Weekly Gain||SPY Weekly Gain|
More Like This
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: The Taper Rate Is Transitory…Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: CVS, F, COF, TSM and AQST.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: “We’ll Have What the House is Buying”Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: TSLA, JNJ, DE, PLTR and LYV.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: ‘Say “Transitory” One More Time… We Dare You…’Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: Z, PTON, V, FTV and TGT
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: Tuesdays with LeesonLooking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: TSLA, AMZN, DWAC and NKE
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: “Our Bet Picks are Mediocre and Christmas in October??”Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: AAPL, SPCE, FAST, EBAY, MSFT and BP.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: Oil Pops & New Crypto CopsLooking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: FB, CCXI, UNP, GE, and K.
- Organigram levels up!After Organigram announces a new partnership, Dan takes a closer look at OGI and what that means for both companies going forward.
- OCGN: Experimenting with Covered CallsKyle shares his experiences trading covered calls in Ocugen, Inc. (OCGN) over the last two weeks. But will there be profits?
- 3 Bounce Back Stock Candidates Post Earnings DipWe look at three stocks that have to potential to bounce next week after their stocks fell post earnings.
- Weekly Trade Log: 02/08/21After watching GME sink like a rock, I had to step away from the markets for a bit and figure out a plan to recover.