Steady gains in the he S&P 500 were a nice way to end Thanksgiving, and several of our picks had stellar runs! JWS spiked on earnings Wednesday while alternative energy stocks continued to run before stalling on Friday.
Dan’s Stock Picks
Volume: 89 M
FuelCell Energy Inc has seen a solid 7 days of consecutive 52 week highs with double the average volume. The Electric Vehicle segment is hot right now, and FCEL started the month under $4 and is currently over $9 and could easily pass $10. Every vaccine announcement has helped push the industry, and FCEL is one of the stocks rocketing up in response.
Volume: 4.3 M
Appian Corp (APPN) 13 days in a row of 52 week highs, volume is four times the average. Last news was November 9th, when APPN was raised from sell to neutral by Goldman Sachs. When a stock is moving up in price and volume so much without news, it always makes me think something’s happening the public isn’t aware of and the news has yet to come. I’m excited to see how high it can go, and to find out what’s behind the increased interest in APPN.
Volume: 10.8 M
Virgin Galactic is another stock that keeps popping up on Benzinga’s options alerts. I purchased some December $28 calls last week when the stock was trading around $23.50 and it’s already bouncing around the $27-$28 mark. I haven’t seen any positive news for the company to justify this price movement, and that’s something I like to see when making option bets.
Volume: 6.9 M
Salesforce recently made headlines when it was revealed that they were in talks to acquire Slack Technologies. The stock took a 5% hit when the news broke and at it’s current price below $250, it’s looking like a good deal. The company is also expected to release their latest quarterly earnings statement on December 4th. The last earnings report caused the stock to jump over $30/share. Let’s see if they can improve on that next week.
Past Pick’ems Review
Bloom Energy (BE) triggered its stop loss Friday after one heck of a run. We’re also going to cut bait and drop APAM, FUTU and INFY since there hasn’t been much movement on those stocks since making the list. We’ll need to see something from AOS next week, or else it will get culled too.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 04/09/21Another week has come and gone and two of the three major indexes hit new highs! Read on to see what we’ve picked for next week.
- Friday Pick’em: 04/02/21A short week with plenty of action, from a historic margin call to a mega infrastructure plan. But something else has our attention this week!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/26/21Dan combs through his screeners to bring us this week’s pick, one that has been on a roll all year and looks ready to breakout past it’s all time high!
- Friday Pick’em: 03/19/21It was an up then down week for the NASDAQ as inflation concerns flare up again, and one of our previous picks pulls a Houdini!
- Organigram levels up!After Organigram announces a new partnership, Dan takes a closer look at OGI and what that means for both companies going forward.
- Friday Pick’em: 03/12/21Last week saw the NASDAQ recover from it’s correction, something our picks needed after the beating they took!
- OCGN: Experimenting with Covered CallsKyle shares his experiences trading covered calls in Ocugen, Inc. (OCGN) over the last two weeks. But will there be profits?
- Friday Pick’em: 03-06-21 (Sunday Edition)A couple days late but hopefully not a dollar short, here is are picks for next week. No Tech this time!
- Friday Pick’em: 02/26/21After an abysmal week in the stock market, we assess the damage and find two stocks worth checking out
- 3 Bounce Back Stock Candidates Post Earnings DipWe look at three stocks that have to potential to bounce next week after their stocks fell post earnings.