First off, we’d like to thank all the people out there who are or who have served our country. Here at Financial Ineptitude, we are grateful for your sacrifices and we hope you were able to enjoy your Veteran’s Day.
A lot has happened this past week, with the election results going in Biden’s favor on last weekend and Pfizer announcing extremely positive results for their Covid-19 vaccine. Tech stocks took a bit of a hit early in the week due to sector rotation on the news, while the stocks who’ve been beaten down due to Covid-19 restrictions started showing life. Here are some of those that have caught our eye this week.
Kyle’s Stock Picks
Volume: 4.7 M
Bloom Energy- This stock had made my watchlist months ago after they it was announce that two Los Angeles power plants were using Bloom’s fuel cells. I had originally been looking at it as a stock to short, but with Biden winning the election, I’m bullish on alternative energies. I also like stocks that have large insider buys as well
Volume: 4.1 M
Futu Holdings- Since election day, this stock has been on a run. Volume is double it’s 10 day average, so something is up. Some of it’s run can be attributed to the vaccine results earlier in the week, but I think something else is going on. Maybe they are benefiting from somehow from Alibaba’s self sabotage of the Ant IPO?
Volume: 1.08 M
IIVI – II-VI Inc. is an electronics manufacturer that’s been rocking 7 days in a row of new 52 week highs. Their volume evened out today, but has been high over the last week, including on November 5th when they reached over four times their average volume. The company has been rated as a Top Ranked Growth Stock by Zacks this week, and they maintained an overweight rating by Morgan Stanley last week. On top of all that, they had a solid earnings beat just last week. Tech stocks have been seeing some volatility and may not fit into your stock plan but IIVI has a lot going for it and could keep rising through December.
Last Week Stock Picks Review
Two big wins for Dan’s picks and one big dud from Kyle. FTCH and DLB both posted strong earnings last week, while BIIB tanked on Monday (although you’d be pretty happy if you bought it after the fall as it rebounded nicely). NIO triggered it’s stop loss after rising over $20/share since it first appeared on this list. We also lost BABA after Jack Ma decided to criticize his totalitarian government’s financial institution.
|Price first |
|15% Trailing |
|Stop Loss |
- Friday Pick’em: 07/09/21Our pick from last week did not fair so well… but this time will be different, we swear!
- Friday Pick’em: 07/02/21Rising fears of inflation and predictions of massive crashes can’t stop the market from hitting new highs… looks like it’s still “game on,” at least for the time being
- Friday Pick’em: 06/25/21TSLA, ROKU and SPCE all had major moves this week, too bad none of them were on our list. Maybe we can pick one of next week’s movers though…
- Friday Pick’em update: 06/18/21No new picks this week, just updating the list.
- Friday Pick’em: 06/11/21AMC happened this last week… Did anything else? We can’t remember… AMC definitely did some things though.
- Pick’em Update: 06/06/21No new picks, been a busy week. This is just an update on how our picks are doing.
- Friday Pick’em: 05/28/21After a taking last week off, we return to assess the damage, but instead were happy to see on stock nearly double! Betcha can’t guess what it was…
- Friday Pick’em: 05/14/21Welcome to the Friday Pick’em: Ape Edition! Care to take a wild guess at what stock we’re riding next?
- Friday Pick’em: 05/07/21It’s the first week of May, and it doesn’t look like everyone is selling this time. How did our picks weather the rotation? Read on to find out!
- Friday Pick’em: 04/30/21We’re smack dab in the middle of earnings season once again, and the SPY is continuing to push new highs. Let’s see if we can ride the momentum!