Peloton Interactive (PTON)
I love a stock that keeps hitting new highs!
After their IPO on Sept. 26, 2019 @ $29/share, Pelaton Interactive has carved out a big slice of the home exercise equipment market. Their interactive stationary bikes and treadmills seem to capture the essence of going to a gym and training along with others. Pelaton has steadily hit more and more highs and keeps showing up on my lists, and that’s a sure sign that I need to be paying attention.
Shares of Peloton Interactive rose to $119.89 today, marking its sixth consecutive high. The stock has been on an incredible run, nearly doubling in value since August. The at-home fitness market is going strong right now thanks to the pandemic and Peloton is a big name. On top of the six-day 52-week high trend, I found an options alert that falls right in line. Having several things line up in favor of the company is a good indicator to me that good things are coming.
PTON posted a strong earnings earnings beat on 9/10, and if they can keep the momentum going this quarter, it should still have room to grow. The company reported that their sales were up a staggering 172%, and with no sign of slowing down this pandemic is keeping a lot of people at home.
After reaching a high of $171.09, Pelaton Interactive released their latest earnings on 2/5/21. While their revenue grew 128% in the quarter, the company disclosed supply chain and delivery issues that spooked investors. Even in the face of strong numbers, a company’s outlook can really frighten people off of buying while simultaneously frightening people into selling! Any long term position sees a price pullback like this as an opportunity to get more shares and not a reason to sell. Buy low, sell high the saying goes! The stock closed Friday 2/26/21 @ $120.37.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: The Taper Rate Is Transitory…Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: CVS, F, COF, TSM and AQST.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: “We’ll Have What the House is Buying”Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: TSLA, JNJ, DE, PLTR and LYV.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: ‘Say “Transitory” One More Time… We Dare You…’Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: Z, PTON, V, FTV and TGT
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: Tuesdays with LeesonLooking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: TSLA, AMZN, DWAC and NKE
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: “Our Bet Picks are Mediocre and Christmas in October??”Looking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: AAPL, SPCE, FAST, EBAY, MSFT and BP.
- Reviewing Stocks to Watch: Oil Pops & New Crypto CopsLooking back at the stocks we were watching 4 weeks ago and seeing how we did. Watchlist: FB, CCXI, UNP, GE, and K.
- Organigram levels up!After Organigram announces a new partnership, Dan takes a closer look at OGI and what that means for both companies going forward.
- OCGN: Experimenting with Covered CallsKyle shares his experiences trading covered calls in Ocugen, Inc. (OCGN) over the last two weeks. But will there be profits?
- 3 Bounce Back Stock Candidates Post Earnings DipWe look at three stocks that have to potential to bounce next week after their stocks fell post earnings.
- Semiconductors on the Rise?Dan identifies a hot sector by looking at 52 week highs over the past week. Check out which ones are riding high!